On behalf of The Oman Pathology Society (OPS), It is my great pleasure as a chairperson of the Organizing Committee to welcome you to Muscat, Sultanate of Oman to attend the annual meeting of IAP Arab- division which will be held in Grand Hyatt Muscat Hotel, Muscat from 15th-18thNovember 2017. I am sure this meeting is going to be beneficial for all participants in which medical knowledge and experience will be shared in the field of Histopathology and cytology which will be delivered by pioneer and expert speakers from different regions of the world including USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia to address the most recent advances in diagnostic and molecular pathology.
There is an excellent scientific program prepared by the organizing committee which includes eight sessions of breast, head and neck, lymph node, endocrine, soft tissue, urologic, gastrointestinal pathology and gynecologic cytology. In addition the first day will be a workshop covering gynecologic surgical pathology. This meeting is the first of its kind to be held in Muscat and it is a great opportunity to all of you to discover the beauty of our country. An attractive social program will be conducted by the organizing committee to make your stay an enjoyable one.
I look forward to seeing each of you in Muscat and sincerely hope that you will join us to make this event a grand success.
The Chairperson of the Organizing Committee of the 29th IAP-Arab Division Conference and Workshop.
Dr. Ibrahim Al Haddabi
- Organizing Committee ( Dr.Ibrahim Al-Haddabi, Chairperson).
- Scientific Committee ( Dr. Hunaina Al-Kindi, Chairperson).
- Social/Public Relations Committee ( Dr. Masoud Al-Kindi, Chairperson).
- Financial/Marketing Committee (Dr. Nasser Al-Rahbi, Chairperson).
- Registration Committee ( Dr. Maimuna Al-Saadi, Chairperson).
Welcome to the First Oman Pathology Society Conference along with the honor to organize the 29th Conference of International Academy of Pathology (IAP)- Arab Division here in Muscat, the capital of the Sultanate of Oman.
29th Conference of International Academy of Pathology (IAP) – Arab Divison
1st Oman Pathology Society Conference
The schedule of the program:
Can be downloaded as pdf file through: Click here to download schedule
Pre-Conference Workshop: Wednesday, 15th November 2017
8:30-15:45: Gynecologic Pathology Workshop
Faculty: Dr. Rouba Ali-Fehmi, Dr. Asma Faruqi and Dr Fadi Karim
14:00 – 16:00: IAP- AD Council Meeting
19:00 – 19:30: Opening ceremony
19:30 – 20:00: Kamal Ishak Lecture, Prof. Ray McMahon
20:00 – 23:00: Welcome reception
Day 2: Friday, 17th November 2017
Day 3: Saturday, 18 November 2017
The honor to invite International Guest Speakers from different countries.
Fees for registration:
* Limited number of seats for Pre-course Workshop (First come, first served).
** Residents must present evidence of residency status.
Payment is through bank transfer to:
Bank: Bank Muscat
Account number: 0316005366510013
Swift code: BMUSOMRxxxx
And send the bank transfer to e-mail: email@example.com
(Please note that the payment is not refundable)
The registration includes:
- Conference lectures.
- Tea and coffee breaks.
- Lunch during the conference days.
- Accredited certificate of attendance.
Abstract submission guidelines:
- Registration to the conference is mandatory to enable delegates to present their abstract.
- If the speaker fails to register and pay the delegate fees before the deadline, his/ her abstract will not be included in the abstract book.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English, should not exceed 300 words and be structured in the following specified subtitles: Objective, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Case reports; as far as possible should be structured as specified above.
- Changes in authorship, if any should be communicated to the Scientific Committee at the earliest.
- All the abstracts will be scrutinized by the scientific committee and the decision regarding their acceptance will be communicated to the presenting author.
Poster presentation guidelines:
- The recommended poster size (standard measurement) is A0 size: 90cm (width) x 120cm (height). Orientation: Portrait. You are not required to use up the entire space.
- Guidelines for font sizes: Title 96 points, Authors’ names 72 points (use family name and first name), Institution 36-48 points, Text minimum 20 points.
- The poster content must be presented in such a way that delegates standing at a distance of one to two meters can clearly view the texts and illustrations.
- Presenters are responsible for display and removal of their posters.
- The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the posters during the display.
(Deadline for abstract submission on 15th of October 2017)
The venue of the conference:
Grand Hyatt Muscat Hotel, Shatti Al Qurum, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
Officially the Sultanate of Oman (Arabic: سلطنة عُمان Salṭanat ʻUmān), is an Arab country on the southeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula. Holding a strategically important position at the mouth of the Persian Gulf, the country shares land borders with the United Arab Emirates to the northwest, Saudi Arabia to the west, and Yemen to the southwest, and shares marine borders with Iran and Pakistan to the north, and India to the east. The coast is formed by the Arabian Sea on the southeast and the Gulf of Oman on the northeast. The Madha and Musandam exclaves are surrounded by the UAE on their land borders, with the Strait of Hormuz (which it shares with Iran) and Gulf of Oman forming Musandam’s coastal boundaries.
Muscat (Arabic: مسقط, Masqaṭ pronounced [ˈmasqatˤ]) is the capital and largest metropolitan city of Oman. It is also the seat of government and largest city in the Governorate of Muscat. Since the ascension of Qaboos bin Said as Sultan of Oman in 1970, Muscat has experienced rapid infrastructural development that has led to the growth of a vibrant economy and a multi-ethnic society.
Language: Arabic (main), English (widely spoken).
Area: 309,500 km2 (119,500 sq mi).
Population: 4,572,949 (2016 estimate).
Country phone code: (+968)
Time zone: GST (UTC+4)
Currency: OMR (Omani Rial).
Working days: Sunday to Thursday. Weekend: Friday and Saturday.
Tourism links: http://www.omantourism.gov.om
The venue of the conference:
Hotels nearby (within 10 Km): click for booking
- Grand Hyatt Muscat (Venue of the conference)
- Grand Millennium Muscat
- Millennium Executive Apartments Muscat
- Park Inn by Radisson Muscat
- Ibis Muscat
- City Seasons Hotel Muscat
- Tulip Inn Muscat
- Waves International Hotel
- Weekend Hotel & Apartments
- The Platinum
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat
- Al Ferdous Hotel Apartments
- Beach Bay Hotel Muscat
- Ramada Muscat
- InterContinental Muscat
Contact us through:
Histopathology Education Committee: (+968) 2418-1014